1Use an oatmeal face mask, if you have acne, sensitive, or oily skin. Oatmeal is great at soothing irritated skin and absorbing excess oil. Mix 5 tablespoons (25 grams) of finely-ground oatmeal with enough water or milk to make a paste. Spread the mixture over your face and wait 20 minutes. Wash the mask off using lukewarm water, then pat it dry with a soft, clean towel.
- For a more scrub-like effect, massage the mask against your skin using circular motions.
2Try a yogurt mask if you have dull, dry skin. Yogurt is very moisturizing. The lactic acid in it also makes it mildly exfoliating, which can help brighten dull or sallow skin. Mix 2 tablespoons (30 grams) of full-fat Greek yogurt with 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey. Apply the mask over your face and wait 20 minutes. Wash it off using lukewarm water, then gently pat your face dry with a soft, clean towel.
3Put some honey on your face. Honey is hydrating, moisturizing, antibacterial, and antimicrobial. It is great for all skin types. All you have to do is spread some honey over your face and wait 15 minutes. Wash the honey off using lukewarm water, then gently pat your face dry with a soft, clean towel.
- Consider adding a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten your skin or reduce acne.
4Make a simple sugar scrub. Start with equal parts of sugar and oil. Mix everything together in a bowl, then massage it over your lips, face, or arms and legs. Use brown sugar for a gentler scrub and white sugar for a regular scrub. You can use any type of oil you want, but coconut oil or olive oil would work best.
- Need something stronger? Try salt!
- Need something softer? Use ½ part sugar and 1 part oil instead.
- Add some fragrance with essential oil or vanilla extract.
- Add some honey for extra moisture.